Module 8 The Photography Institute
Basically the aim of this module is to get you to grips with the gear you are going to need or may require to execute fully the desired genre you have chosen to take amongst the variants of the Photographic field.
So every one will have a different take on this module depending on the path you have chosen ,Now a certain few things will ring true However no matter what your chosen Gere is,Above all Quality should come to the fore front of your minds as quality gear will last or at least should out perform a cheaper product ,but having said that if you know you are only going to be using a specific item occasionally then Rental or sharing this cost will be favorable to a full purchase .
Remember to research your chosen area as you may be able to get away with very little to start with ,You can always upgrade as you proceed with your Career after all Remember theres’s a Saying,All the gear & No IDEA – Vision & PASSION are THE MOST IMPORTANT tools you REQUIRE.
My ultimate aim is to shoot Fashion/Beauty Editorials ,Along with swimwear & Bridal Wear .
My Reasons for this are “Passion” I feel a passion towards this genre of Photography , & for this reason i have already chosen my Path & started to collect my Photographic kit with this in mind .
The list that follows is my dream list :-
Cameras :-My prime choice is Nikon ,Because it gives what i need & i already own some of the Pieces,This will help keep costs down & as i own some of the equipment i am Familiar with its operation.
- 2 No Nikon D3s (Main Bodies)
- 1 No Nikon D700 (Backup Camera & Travel),I would not use the D800 as i would prefer a medium format sensor if i needed the resolution count ,.
- 1 No Hasselblad H4D-200MS,with a 645 sensor this will give detail shots for beauty when i need high end Large reprints other than Magazine work , also being in the studio this camera is easy to use for Fashion work.
LENSES:-My choices are based on what i know i will need to function in a very competitive Market,All lenses are Pro spec Fast apertures to enable low light shooting ,& a Variety to cover my needs from wide Angle to tele-zooms for singling a shot out at distance ,also a few fast Primes for detailed Portraits & Beauty Shots.
- Nikon 17-35mm F2.8D Wide Angle
- Nikon AF-S 50mm1.4G Standard
- Nikon AF-S 24-120mm F4 VR-ED
- Nikon AF-S 70-200mmF2.8G VR11 IF-ED
- Nikon AF-S 300mm F2.8GVR11IF-ED
- Nikon Tc-14E11 1.4x Teleconverter
- Nikon 135mm F2.8D AF-DC
- Nikon 85mm F1.4 D AF-DC
- Nikon 105mm F2 D AF-DC
- HC 3.5/35mm
- Tilt & shift along with certain adapters & teleconverters i would Hire as the cost of these is expensive regards use.
Profoto Lighting is my choice having used this in the studio i really like its offering it is very reliable has fast recycle times & is universally easy to get .
- 2 x D1 Studio Kit 500/1000 Air (incl. Air Remote)
- 1 x D1 Studio Kit 250/500 Air (incl. Air Remote)
- SoftBoxes Large & medium
- Beauty Dish By MOLAR
- Strip Softbox & Masks
- 300 Giant reflector (Parabolic)
- 6x Sb800 or 900 Speedlights with light shaping tools
- Pocket wizard Flex system for all Flash heads Including the new PWPlus 3
- Gels for color work
- Xrite color Checker
- Imac 24inch
- 17”mac book Pro
- Ipad 3
- Iphone 4s
PERIPHERALS:- these items are essential to the daily Running of my future Business.
2 2tb Hardrives
1 Drobo with x5 no 2tb Slots
2 no Firewire card reader & Associated cables,
1 No USB card reader usb 3 compatible
Protection Cases for all my equipment
Xrite color Monkey
email & FTP provision